Friday, December 28, 1979

Kerryn Tate

Personal Details
Last seen: 28-Dec-79
Employment:
Age: 22
Year of birth: 57
Height:
Build:
Eyes:
Hair: Fair
Complexion: Fair
Gender: Female
Distinguishing Feature:
Circumstances: Kerryn Tate disappeared from the Perth metropolitan area on the 28th of December 1979. Her remains were found on a burnt tree stump two days later on the 30th of December 1979 at Boulder Rock, off the Brookton Highway east of Perth. A pendant that Kerryn owned was located at the site too and used to help identify her.

5 comments:

  1. this article might be of interest - dated 5/1/1980 with some very interesting background information regarding Kerryn.

    http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/printArticlePdf/137006624/3?print=n

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was approached by a wa detective on the 22nd of nov,14 , in act. They came to my house and said they're investigating a cold murder case.I was really shocked and still am.because I don't have a criminal record and to top it all off the crime was committed in 1979, when I was13 years old.and lived in qld back then.I have never been to wa.he took a dna sample from my mouth as well.so I must be a really young murderer.can someone please shed some light on this harrasment by the police!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a relative that was in WA at the time of the murder? The police may be using DNA to identify a family then track back to the suspect.

      Delete
    2. My husband also had a visit today April 1st 2015 in NSW from a WA detective asking if he was in WA around that time. I am sure this is the same case and he also took a DNA sample

      Delete
  3. Not that I know of.I have an older cousin, he might have visited wa then.he would have been 19,20 at the time of the crime.

    ReplyDelete